Saturday, February 15, 2020

Currently about halfway done with Book 3

I hit 60,000 for book 3 sometime last night. Book 1 was around 120,000 words, and I'm hoping to keep this one around the same length. So I'm very roughly going to say I'm halfway done, given the assumption that editing the draft into something publishable takes about as long as outlining the story and dealing with post-release book 2 stuff took (about a month and a half).

Truthfully, I'm a bit behind my own schedule. I ran into some trouble at 50,000 words and I had to reoutline a large part of the story from the middle onwards and remake all my character sheets. Hopefully that trouble is behind us and it's smooth sailing until The End.

So that's the news. I'm about halfway done with book 3, which I'm tentatively calling Memories of the Reborn. I'm really, really hoping nobody nabs that title between now and publication.

Book 3 will be the conclusion to the Hearthwood Forest arc. Afterwards, you'll all get to explore the Queendom and eventually the rest of the elven world. I may also release a new series at some point between books 3 and 4 while I'm busy revamping my outline for the next arc. I was working on a cool world-hopper story when Zeal of the Mind and Flesh came out, so I may polish that up as a more actiony title that I can write whenever the Spellheart series starts giving me trouble. It does explore some of the Ten Thousand Worlds which we may never get to see in the Spellheart series.

Exciting things are happening! I try to respond to all comments, so leave one below if you have something to say.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting!
    I still need to write my review for book 2, but the whole world has really grown on me and I can't wait for book 3 and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Jake P! I've grown a ton as a writer while working on this series, and hope to be able to do this setting justice.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! It's always great to hear from fans!